DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

AngloInfo in Australia

Posted by CarolineD-188090 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fastfranky - 14 years ago

Before going to Oz, try reading Bill Brysons, "Down Under", it makes the place and the people sound very tempting but if you're not to sure about dangerous animals or dodgy insects it could put you off going!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 14 years ago

Hi DaveL

Try this one.

www.canalexpat.com/index.asp

Cheers!  A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by DaveL-185804 - 14 years ago

Just to continue this topic. Does anyone know of an AngloInfo style web site for French living in London/UK ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineD-188090 - 14 years ago

Angel,

Thanks for the useful links. On top of that I almost forgot about the Inernational driving license! One more thing to do before I go!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 14 years ago

Hello again Caroline.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You may find that obtaining a visa for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Australia is somewhat simpler, easier and definitely a smoother process - than seeking the same for France, for example.   Australia doesn't have the population prob that France has - so they encourage migration - most especially skilled migrants.

You may find this link helpful.

I just took a quick squizz in the forum in France DownUnder ... it’s hilarious !   No wonder I’m having difficulty getting up the courage to drive here in France ... according to a French national over there , we drive like Grandaddies !!!

A local friend has just returned from visiting the tropics in the north ... she said ... “Si il y a un paradis sur terre, ça doit être là-bas! »

Good luck, which ever road you take ...

xxx A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineD-188090 - 14 years ago

Thanks Angel,

I already found the first website 2 days ago, but not the second. It will be a great help. Thank you.

I'm thinking about moving there but I'm not aware about visa for French.

I keep your advice for site seeing and let you know if we really go!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

Hi Caroline!   Sorry it took so long to get back to you … have been somewhat occupied, so this is just a quickie … but I think you’ll find all you’re looking for here …

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

France DownUnder

Boomerang passion

Si vous faites le grand démenagement là-bas, je serai tellement excitée pour vous !   J’éspère que vous irez au Tropical North Queensland – c’est absolument le paradis !!   (Au moins – prenez des vacances vers le nord en octobre et septembre).  J'attend avec impatience l'occasion de montrer à mon partenaire ses trésors ...

Bisous ...   Angel.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineD-188090 - 15 years ago

Thank you so much Angel, I can't wait to have the answer

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

I haven't looked into it myself, but my (French) partner said he was amazed at the amount of support he found for the French community in Australia, when he did some research on it on the net.

I'll ask him tonight, when he returns, if he found anything similar to AngloInfo in his web forays.

Will get back to you on it.    Cheers!  Ange.