DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any french speakers willing to help me make a very quick phone call?

Posted by lmIrish - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

Yes, you need to go and see them and take your certificat du travail with you, although your last employer should have forwarded this to them.  If they haven't it will hold up payment so best to take your copy with you.

Take either a monthly statement or letter with you from the last time you were registered which will have your identification number on it so they can quickly find you on the computer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lmIrish - 5 years ago

Pole emploi question?

if you have previously received benefits from the Pole Emploi and then went back to work but for less then 6 months, do you need to set up a new meeting with them or how does it work?

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 5 years ago

"your unemployment benefit wiill start from the date of your telephone inscription."

A quick note on this subject.If in actual fact you are assisting someone to inscrire by telephone on their behalf ensure that the actual person is present as the agent at Le pole d'emploi will demand to speak to the person requesting the interview appointment,for security/fraud reasons I expect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lmIrish - 5 years ago

Thanks a million for all the offers of help.

I got sorted this morning and my appointment is made.

Its nice to know that there is some many people willing to help out a stranger 

Sorry no image available

PS You incsribe online, and then you'll be sent a letter for an interview in the post but your unemployment benefit wiill start from the date of your telephone inscription.  Is that clear - sounds as clear as mud to me on reading back my post, but I know what I mean!!

Sorry no image available

Did you get sorted?  If not, I'm not in your area but am happy to do it for you if you email your phone number so I can give you a ring and get your details.

You will only get unemployment benefit dated from the day you 'inscribe' online so if that's the case, you need to do it urgently! :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 5 years ago

Hi.

When do you wish to do this,I am based in the Antibes area and could be available to assist you.

Preference if you could contact me via email.