DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Kindle experts out there?

Posted by pavlova-284145 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LavaLamp - 6 years ago

I set my country as UK to begin with, they didnt ask for any address. I did receive an email from Amazon asking if I wanted to change my country to FR as they noticed I was buying from France. I declined and said I commuted between the UK and France and since then I've had no problems.

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-214991 - 6 years ago

I should just put any UK address in. I don't have a credit card with a UK address either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pavlova-284145 - 6 years ago

When I try to do this, it wants a UK address....but I do not have a credit card with a UK address...Can I still do this?

Sorry no image available

Janes and Sevendaver1 - this is great news! According to Amazon it can't be done!
So, I just go into my amazon.fr account, gerer mon compte, parametres de pays....and then I just change pays of residence to Royaume Uni instead of France. Presumably , I don't need to put a UK address in there?
Once this is done, does my Kindle automatically look for new books to buy from amazon.co.uk?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver1 - 6 years ago

My wife did the same

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-214991 - 6 years ago

I had no problem changing my kindle to be able to buy from amazon.co.uk. I simply logged on to my amazon account and selected manage my kindle and changed the country settings from France to the UK. It was very simple! I don't think I even had to put in an address just change the country.

Sorry no image available

No - I just have an amazon.co.uk voucher. Amazon have replied to my query and I cannot use the .co.uk voucher for my kindle. Irrespective of where the Kindle was bought (in my case. .co.uk), I can only buy books from amazon.fr. There is a possinbility of transferring the account to amazon.com but not the voucher.....
Am I first person to come across this? Surely not?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bhargavpalan-237554 - 6 years ago

so u have a amazon.fr voucher for kindle ? and a separate one for amazon.uk ?