DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Nice Clothes shops in Nice???

Posted by S. McEvoy - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne-185514 - 15 years ago

Haven't heard off a Pull and Bear outside the Blanch centre!! Been here for a while and still haven't found a shop like it! H&M is the only one that come close!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alice-186463 - 15 years ago

They are both on the Avenue Jean Médecin - where most of the shops are, starting with the Galeries Lafayette (corner of place Masséna and Ave.J.Médecin - a huge department store).

Walking up, you'll find H&M, Marionnaud, Etam, Levi's, Armand Thierry, Foot Locker, Zara, Sephora, and also Nice Etoile, a large shopping mall with 100 shops including C&A, Virgin Megastore, Habitat, FNAC.

Close by in Rue Masséna (also known as "la Zone Piétonne", i.e. a pedestrian precinct ), you'll find many smaller shops, cafés and restaurants.

Designer boutiques: Rue Paradis, Avenue de <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Verdun and Avenue de Suède.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorry no image available
Posted by S. McEvoy - 15 years ago

Could anyone give me the address of H&M and C&A in Nice?? Thanks a million by the way for your replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alice-186463 - 15 years ago

There's a Mango in CAP 3000 (large shopping centre right by the airport) and one in Cannes, too. 

The rue d'Antibes in Cannes is also a great place to shop for clothes in the mid- to high price range

Alice

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigo-185290 - 15 years ago

Nice has PLENTY of options... if you are craving that ONE essential designer item you will find it down off of the main pedestrian route, but there are so much more fantastic smaller shops with great finds.  Some pricey.  Some not. 

For 'better' shopping, stick to the Massena pedestrian zone, and the surrounding streets.  The variety of shops cater from mid to high $$$$.  And you will find anything from skate/surfer fashions to Gucci.

Galleries Lafeyette has all the trendy labels you would want, and north of there along Avenue Jean Medecin you will hit shops like Zara, C&A, H&M, Eurodif... etc.

Vieux Nice has some fabulous shops, some of them quite unique.  Definetely worth a wander around (besides, you should never pass the opportunity for two scoops of gelato in Vieux Nice).  And if you are thorough, you will find an Agnes B tucked away in there somewhere!!!

That being said... I agree that the market shopping in Ventimiglia and San Remo is of the utmost importance!!!!  And San Remo does have some truly exceptional shopping too...  And there is a Mango in San Remo.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 15 years ago

Ventimiglia market, 45 minutes by train from Gare Nice Ville SNCF Friday morning for all the latest fashions from Italy, at give away prices. Otherwise, go anywhere in the smart shopping areas - just enter the shop with a cheery "Bonjour", hold out your wallet and repeat in your best French "Help yourself. Help yourself..." Failing that, the Eurodif stores in Jean Medicin my wife tells me is great value.

And the recipe for a happy holiday, remember the adage - bring half as much clothing, and twice as much money.