DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone know the best way from Nice to Ibiza?

Posted by Charliebear-194435 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 14 years ago

As far as I know there are currently no direct flights to Ibiza. If there are (Summer schedule maybe?) and someone has more details, I would very much appreciate receiving more info... In the past, I used to fly Iberia/Air France (code share!) via Barcelona (fastest!) or Madrid (cheapest!). Personally, I prefer the Nice>Barcelona>Ibiza route. Should you decide to fly with Iberia, make sure to ask for “delivery at aircraft” at the check-in desk at Nice airport, which basically means that you check in your luggage as usual, but instead of having the ground staff handling it you take it with you through passport control to the aircraft itself and give it to the baggage handlers there. Many passengers do that on the Nice->Barcelona/Madrid route. That’s the best way to ensure that your luggage will be put on the same plane (mine got lost a couple of times, and other passengers had the same problem on that route!!!). On arrival in Barcelona or Madrid, baggage handlers will give you your luggage back as you leave the plane, and for the next leg to Ibiza you check it in again at the Iberia transfer desk which is in the same terminal (Barcelona and/or Madrid airports). I suggest you do the same for your return flight...

Sorry no image available
Posted by me_2003 - 14 years ago

there is a direct daily flight in the summer from Nice airport. 

i am not sure if it has started already but should do soon and the nice airport website will tell you more for sure.