DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone know where to find good Indian pickle

Posted by Nadil - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nadil - 15 years ago

Thank you all for your responses - definitely heading out this Saturday to one of these stores.

Nadil :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by naveen156 - 15 years ago

Well ... You will definitely get good indian pickles in Nice itself. Go to "Promo indeinne". It's on the road just opposite to gare SNCF in Nice. You can get all the other indian stuff too.

If you want I can get real hot pickle from India too ;-)

Naveen

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlie-183713 - 15 years ago

Chips with everything !Pataks and lots of others, you will find them in the asian supermarket next to the Acropolis, marche mondial.Charlie

Sorry no image available
Posted by raj-185884 - 15 years ago

i know the feeling,happened to me as well when i landed on the shores of Nice.But luckily enough there are few shops ,you can get it from Jean Medecin Monoprix and there is a indian shop in vieux Nice and you can get Bollywood films and Kingfisher beer etc as well............it is in Rue Benoit no 17 ,Old Nice

There is one in Monaco as well ,dont know the name of the street but as if you go BEUSOLEIL  from Monaco it is tucked away in Block of apartments .

well happy eating......

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

A lot of supermarkets now stock a couple of Patak products (curry pastes, Hot Lime pickle and mango chutney, in the main), and some Sharwoods stuff.

Boros, of Rue de France is THE place for me, however - stocking pickles such as Brinjal and Garlic that can be hard to find elsewhere. Also excellent for middle-eastern delicacies (including more types of Arak than you can shake a stick at).

Cap 3000's supermarket is improving its Indian selection slowly, and is a  handy place for getting Sharwoods and Patak naan breads. Note that the Indian foodstuffs are a bit spread around; some are with the British foods, others by the Chinese stuff...

Picard freezer centres now have frozen Naan breads, incidentally.

The bulk of the Asian shops in Nice are just north of the railway line, but their food mainly comes from much further east.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by amohanaei - 15 years ago

there is a shop in nice called BOROS in rue Dalpozo of rue de france Opposite the post office.

It is the Mecca of Oriental food and good service they also speak english

AM

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve R-187639 - 15 years ago

Not sure about Nice but if you try the supermarket in CAP3000 then they have a semi-decent range of products of many different cultures, Indian food included. Not sure about Pataks (I remember getting that from the M&S food section way back in the good old days) but think they do the likes of Sharwood.

I remember hearing the guy who did Food and Drink with 'Chips with everything, Rob' Harrison on Riviera Radio talk about an asian supermarket in Nice but not too sure where it is. The road running parallel to the train tracks from the top of Jean Medecin (opposite Rue Trachel, heading towards Cimiez) rings a bell but I can't vouch for that.

Let me know if you find anything as am always after a good curry.