DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone on Monaco Telecom ADSL

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TX - 16 years ago

Hi I signed up ADSL through Gale Force here in MC -  http://www.galeforce.com who were the first in dial up down here apparently and have a deal with MC TELECOM. They are Enlglish and v helpful with support althoughI have had no problems. Speak to Penny. It is a  great service. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by MagnusH - 16 years ago

Hi Max.

I have been using it for about two years now. They have had problems during periods. One problem has been long delays in their part of the network. Delays of half a second to over a second during several hours. I am rather sensitive to long delays since I use VPN a lot. The worst thing is that they didn’t seem to understand that they had a problem. I thought that every <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ISP had some kind of automatic supervision system. Apparently not. I have sent them traceroutes explaining where the problem was. They misread the traceroute and mixed up milliseconds and seconds! I finally gave up complaining. It has been fine for the last few months though.

I use the 512kbps version. They disconnect it every 12 hours. What do they gain by sabotaging the connection like this? Their more expensive 1Mbps version does not have this frequent disconnection but have other disadvantages instead.

I normally don’t use the email account that you get from them. But last winter, I think it was, their email server got infected by virus/worm with the effect that every mail that was sent to it was distributed to all users with email accounts there. It evolved to a discussion forum about the quality of service of MC Telecom before they shut the server down!

But, for the most of the time their ADSL works well. And I can’t live without it.

Magnus