DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Apple TV

Posted by pennychanteuse - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigo-185290 - 7 years ago

Your best bet to talk to someone at Apple is to book an appointment at the Genius Bar (you can book it online easily). Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll just be standing around waiting for someone to talk to you, only to be told you need to make an appointment with a technician (versus sales staff). Appointments are generally available about 24 hours or so in advance. They book up quick.
http://www.apple.com/fr/retail/geniusbar/

Sorry no image available
Posted by pennychanteuse - 7 years ago

Hi ChristopherL, thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive & helpful response. In reply to your question:
I have connected the Apple TV to my wifi (Free) and it has said that although it is connected - it can't access the internet although I have internet & wifi all working (albeit not very well to be honest). I have tried to connect to ido a network test & signed in with my iTunes ID as prompted..... it thinks about it & then says it can't connect to the server at this time. I think this is where my problem is.... as I can't get iTunes working with my apple TV therefore I can't do home sharing.I have tried connecting the apple TV up to ethernet & my computer (Mac Pro) freaked - saying there was an unknown IP address trying to connect & then I couldn't get internet on my computer either so I unplugged that!Bizarre....I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem but since I configured the wifi connection on the Free router - my ethernet connection, having been absolutely fine & reliable, has become terrible. It drops the signal all the time which for me, trying to upload & download music all the time, is a disaster! Perhaps this is why the iTunes is having trouble too?

Sorry no image available
Posted by greatexpectations-320634 - 7 years ago

I know what you mean.....to be really safe you could just phone:-) ...then your c card would be away from harm.

Sorry no image available

Hi Ras, Thanks a lot - I hadn't done that.

Sorry no image available

Hi - thank you very much! I wasn't aware there of the Apple Store at Cap3000. I will pop down there (without my credit card as I'm a sucker for all things Apple!) Cheers,Penny

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 7 years ago

Are you using Wifi? If so, remember you need to change your settings for the wifi you use now, if it not the same as before. You need to select the network (the wifi SSID) and enter the password.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 7 years ago

They are designed to be portable. I've several customers who travel like this, taking a bunch of movies with them to watch on holiday or in a hotel on business trips. The new Apple TV is deliciously small and just needs Internet and an HDMI connection. There is absolutely no need to change ID/account even if you change region as per Apple's definition. You will still be referred to your home store for authentication on all purchases o rentals.
So when you say "it won't connect up" we need to know what you mean. Do you see the Apple TV menu and you can browse the settings etc? If not then that is a basic problem of HDMI channel selection on the TV set. More modern/expensive sets have auto-detection so all you need to do is switch the Apple TV on and its menu is displayed/ Older/cheaper TV sets will need you to manually select the HDMI channel with the TV remote control (usually "Source" or ÄV" or a little -> arrow-like sign)
Or maybe you can see the Apple TV menu and can't get to the Internet or the iTunes Store? In which case you should have a fairly clear error message - what exactly does it say?

Sorry no image available
Posted by greatexpectations-320634 - 7 years ago

Hi;

Why don't you contact the Apple store at the Cap 3000 mall (next to the airport)...they should be able to advise you.