DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Arguing neighbors-help!!

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Christine-180881 - 15 years ago

Hanna,

I tried sending you an e-mail but it bounced. Sounds like you are in a desperate situation, so if you need help here I am and you can e-mail me.

Christinepostamble();

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 15 years ago

Angel,

Good story! My neighbors to my right I love and they are always around. The ones on the left are seasonal, sx a year and it seems to be the case with the other apartments as well on my floor. I know that my shoes bother him because when I came down to complain about his load wall vibrating drunken afternoon music, I said I was from upstairs, and he immediately ignored me and said I do not walk properly...this seems to be a french complaint about neighbors. Not the first time it happened to me. OK so I have 6 legs, I cant help it! Seriously he went on and on at me because he is a baker and has to go to bed late and when I leave for work, at 7am I must put myshoes on, cna't help it! perhaps I will invest in clogs and do a dance the next time a row erupts...watching my clock as i type.

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

I actually do have another little story-with-remedy to a problem almost identical to your own .... however, admin might admonish me if I detail it on this forum.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If your neighbours are indeed the type of people thrown to violent expressions, there is a danger that they might turn their frustrations in your direction should you take matters into your own hands.  Therefore, justice should be dealt by the authorities.

However ... I do realise how frustratingly SLOW the authorities here can be.  Oh God .. it’s almost painful!...

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

Ravemonster’s idea worked brillantly for me, once upon a time !  (Although my problem was not due only to their arguing, but mainly to loud music.)  I had tried everything politely with my noisy neighbours – including bringing them into my apartment when they were playing music so loudly that the walls were vibrating and I couldn’t hear my TV without risking blowing the speakers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Then one <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />midnight ... I heard ‘him’ slurr .. “Oh .. **** the neighbour!”    Oh boy ... that was it ... knowing that all the other neighbours were away for the weekend, I turned my stereo speakers facing their wall, found my worst music with a strong bass beat, turned it up full blast and did a crazy dance around the apartment, clapping my hands and yelling “YEE HAA”.  Even my cat looked mortified – he actually jumped up and gave me a whack!  THEN .. I left the apartment and went to The Esplanade for a late night coffee.  I returned to my apartment at 2am to see the neighbour banging furiously on my door ... I waved at him with a big, cheesy grin ... and continued driving.  I returned a half hour later. 

I never, ever had a problem with them again!

(of course ... when one takes action such as this .. one has to be sure not to offend other neighbours.  It was sheer luck for me that neighbours on all sides were away this night.)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 15 years ago

Ravemonster, I like your idea a lot!!! A little bit of their own medicine. Perhaps i will record myself and my husband fighting ( fake of course!) and play that.

I will write a letter to the syndic this weekend. I would love to have them thrown out, as in addition to the fighting they keep two dogs chained up on the terrace  quite often. Its only that I feel bad having a family thrown out onto the streets in todays realestate economy. The guy makes bread for a living...sourdough I am sure!

L

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gaidjin - 15 years ago

Very dry material though! :) Did you go talk to their landlord yet? Seems that would be the first thing to do (it sounds like you already talked to your evil neighbours).

G.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gaidjin - 15 years ago

Hi!

You'll find some specific info there: I have no idea how good is your French, but if you wish I'll translate the core of it:

http://www.infobruit.org/FR/info/F%EAtes%2C%20chants%20et%20cris/01010102

G.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ravemonster - 15 years ago

Why don't you record your neighbors arguing then play it on your Hi-Fi really loud on and go out for the evening.  :-)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

====================
www.ravemonster.info
====================

Sorry no image available
Posted by fugly-185614 - 15 years ago

leslie, napalm should do the job nicely :)

hanna, why do you stay with a bloke that hits you?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

quote:And may I inquire as to the exact nature of your familiarity with the term?   :-)

It appeared in the excellent book The Surgeon of Crowthorne: A Tale of Murder, Madness and the Oxford English Dictionary, and I looked it up in a decent dictionary (having previously been under the impression that "penisectomy" was correct...