DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ASSEDIC -Info Available In English

Posted by Moonraker-192385 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pervinca - 14 years ago

Thanks Dilys, will do.  We haven't found people in public offices very helpful so far, but maybe it's also a question of luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dilys-191303 - 14 years ago

Pervinca - hello - no, I definitely will not give my notice in, thanks for re-inforcing my decision. My boss is actually being very nice to me - especially after I casually dropped into our conversation that I had shown our emails to my counsellor at ASSEDIC.

Why not go and speak to your local Assistant Sociale - I have found them very helpful, ask for them at the Mairie.

Best of luck

dilys

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pervinca - 14 years ago

Thanks a lot for this info, will check it out. The one thing you must never, ever do is give your notice in. My partner  was advised to do that  & so  rendered himself  ineligible for unemployment benefit and it took him much longer than he thought to find another job.  He's now doing agency work in Monaco while looking for a permanent job again and we haven't yet figured out the system (and the agencies don't help) if they find you, say, only 3 days work & the other 2 you're unemployed. Are you entitled to unemployment pay for these odd days (this month it amounts to about a week) ?   Or is there a minimum number of days before you can claim?  Also payday is either the 8th or 10th of the following month so it's hard to get hold of the bulletin de salaire if you didn't have work for several days earlier in the month.  Do you have to supply an "attestation" if you claim for a few  days? Also public holidays in Monaco, these agencies don't seem to pay them.

We've been completely put off by Assedic & now just  can't be bothered. If anyone knows the score here I'd be grateful.

Also ANPE keeps sending hordes of job offers, most of them useless and not enough pay to keep a dormouse alive, and even though I wrote  saying he is working for an Agency & setting out yet again his competences & required salary, they continue to send these offers threatening to cancel him from the ASSEDIC list of chercheurs d'emploi if he doesn't follow up them up.  What are you supposed to do? So far I've resisted the great temptation to bin them.

Would just add he's never claimed benefits of any kind, either in France or elsewhere,  and is a real workaholic, but  it would be nice to know his rights.

If anyone out there knows someything about these Agences Interimaire

(and he's working for the 2 biggest) vis-à-vis Assedic/Anpe I'd be very grateful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dilys-191303 - 14 years ago

Thanks Moonraker - that is really useful. Three weeks ago I had a accident at work - caused by badly maintained equipment. I've torn the tendons of my shoulder blade and am off to see an Orthopaedic Consultant on Friday. Due to my accident I missed the last 4 days of April, I sent my sick note immediately and informed them that it was in the post. I was stopped almost 200 euros for those 4 days. I still have to recieve my payslip which I have requested 3 times.

My manager suggested that my situation with the ASSEDIC would be "better" for me if I gave my notice in! Fortunately, I had conducted all communication with my employer via email - in French - thought it best to keep a record. I showed the adviser at my local ASSEDIC the email with this suggestion - he was very shocked and told me that on no account must I give my notice in. They take an accident de travaille very seriously. He also suggested that I go to talk to an assistante sociale at my mairie (going tomorrow) apparently she will co-ordinate with all parties (ASSEDIC, ANPE, CPAM and my employer). Hopefully she will find out about my short-fall of pay for last month, and let me know what I can expect at the end of this month.

The more information about my rights that I have - the better. Thanks again.

dilys