DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Attacks on UK registered cars

Posted by devil's advocate - Created: 17 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 17 years ago

It's not just foreign-plated cars that get vandalised. Try driving something a wee bit nicer (or a lot nicer) than a ten year old Clio, and see what happens.

Why can't certain jealous individuals just leave us in peace to enjoy our "pride and joy".

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by daserste - 17 years ago

For those parking UK reg cars outdoors;Chances are the local yobs will indeed pay you special attention,it's happened to a few friends of ours already..Be warned!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linzi-187144 - 17 years ago

Yep, i also agree with Mike P too, Sudeep probably the kind of person to grass on someone who hasn`t a valid tax disc!!Sudeep, not meaning to sound rude, but you should mind your own business and look at your own life, if you`ve got one!!Linzi

Sorry no image available
Posted by bridget j-183853 - 17 years ago

Lisa,

I totally agree with you, and I think it does make things easier when you register your car in the country where you live (if it's possible, depending on your situation, of course)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lisa-180286 - 17 years ago

I hate to say this folks but wherever you go with a foreign plated care you will always have problems, I lived in Portugal for 3 years and my car was subject to loads of vandalism, unfortunately its just the way of the world and peoples stupid mentality, it always pays to be a little extra cautious where possible.

Sorry no image available
Posted by itsme-185377 - 17 years ago

We have a 06 registered car but stupidly put a for sale sign in it in english.  It got vadalised with a message in French saying the war in Iraq has started, the car was vandalised on Christmas Eve and discovered in Christmas day.  It rather tainted christmas.  It is now a marked car and has since had the windows broken and the lock hacked at.  Oh joy. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 17 years ago

And as an aside, do you have nothing better to do than go checking UK reg cars in the area to see if they have a valid tax disc?

I AGREE WITH MIKEP!!!!!!!!

This guy should get a life so long as you carry the insurance France

does not require a UK tax disc

postamble();

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alison665 - 17 years ago

Wow, somebody sounds a bit bitter and twisted - nothing better to do with your time?  What do you care of UK cars don't have valid tax discs?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 17 years ago

Sudeep

That's a bit self righteous isn't it?  First of all have you never broken any law?  Never exceeded a speed limit? 

Secondly and more importantly, what law is one breaking by driving a UK registered car in France without a 'legal UK tax disc' as you call it?

And as an aside, do you have nothing better to do than go checking UK reg cars in the area to see if they have a valid tax disc?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 17 years ago

So it's the police vandalising the cars?

CB