DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Average rent for 2 bedroom detached house+garden?

Posted by melody-189421 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Markdo-187997 - 14 years ago

Unfortunately rental prices seem almost as expensive here as they are in the south of England whilst the salaries do not match. There are too many people with too much money and not enough land to go around.

Back to your original question I would say 1200 euros sounds about right. However remember that you can potentially save a large amount of money by dealing directly with the owners as opposed to to using agencies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by melody-189421 - 14 years ago

Well to be perfectly honest I am renting something similar to that described at the moment, but was a bit worried that I was getting fleeced at 1200 Euros a month and thinking of moving on when year is up... perhaps i havent got such a bad deal after all...any more info welcome!

Sorry no image available
Posted by secours-180503 - 14 years ago

I am living in Valbonne and I think the most difficult to you will be to find first a house (good luck!) and if you can pay less than 1200 Euros for a 2 bedroom, congratulations!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by old_nice_room - 14 years ago

this depends totally on how lucky you get...

e.g.  some friend near mougins (grasse end of the comune) are renting a 5 bedroom villa with a pool for 1800 euros per month , they just signed there lease again for 3 years, the house is unfurnished.

other friend have half the living space behind castorama antibes for the same amount...again unfurnished...

if you go via an agence it is more expensive then if you deal directly with the owner....

good luck

old_nice_room