DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

baby milk

Posted by J PHYTHIAN - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by coolio - 14 years ago

I used nidel for both my children and had no problems its a good baby milk was highly recommended by a doctor.

No didn't think there was anything wrong with the tap water in france. But I did use evian when they were really young then from about 5 months used boiled tap water never had any problems.

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtiot-185037 - 14 years ago

Hello

Is there something wrong with the tap water in France then, does anyone drink tap water?

A good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy G-190935 - 14 years ago

Hi Sarah,

As the other posters say, you can't get SMA milk, but both our babies were fed on  Nestles 'Nidal' here and SMA on visits to the UK without problems. Probably best to bring your own SMA though to be safe. We took a tin of Nidal with us on our last UK trip. The last thing you want is an unhappy baby on your holiday!

Folks here tend to mix their milk with Evian. Actually that makes me think - our son has been bottle fed almost from birth, so I guess that makes him 80% Evian!

Sorry no image available
Posted by pigtails - 14 years ago

you cant buy it here! But the french are not behind the times, they have thier alternatives for us, I travel back & forth to england every 2/3 months, my little girl is 10 moths old, she drinks ur sma plus there & guigoz here u have other marks this is just my preference with experience! let me know how old ur baby is & I can maybe help u more, I know its a night mare to travel nappy's & milk abroad & whats more, u might runn out, its better to have an alternative!

hope this is some help

pigtails

Sorry no image available
Posted by sus-194690 - 14 years ago

Hi,

You will not be able to buy it here, best bring it with you. The other thing you will have to consider is the water to mix it with - best one is Evian.

Good luck

Sue