DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Baby swimming

Posted by helenk2 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I'd like to take my 4 month old swimming...well, ok, more like splashing...but what the heck!My local pool (Le Cannet) only allows babies who are 6 months or older.I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the direction of a pool that will allow entry to babies younger than 6 months.Thanks in advance, k

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - 14 years ago

There is a very nice pool in Vallauris although it's not easy to find. From both Antibes and Grasse take the slip road off the route de Grasse towards Vallauris (you'll see Habitat, then Picard and the Cornerstone (Toddler Group here on Tuesdays), keep going till you see Cocooning (furniture store) on your left, at this point turn right into the industrial estate and follow the road round several tight bends up a steep hill. After approx 1km, you'll see a sign to the right pointing to the dechetterie and pool, go down the drive and double back on yourself. It's a small pool and welcoming. I never tried with such a tiny baby but I would have thought the decision was yours. We also used to go to the baby sessions at Mougins Campelieres pool where they had a water confidence session on Saturday mornings.

Have fun

Sally

Sorry no image available
Posted by MickaelB - 14 years ago

go to sports in Nice, then down to Infrastructures.

I'm pretty sure St. Francois in the Vieux Nice has it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MickaelB - 14 years ago

If you are willing to drive to Nice I know some of the pools there offer the bebe nageur.  Make sure to call them first to check, here's the site:

http://www.nice-coteazur.org/americain/index.html

Good luck!

Mickael

MickaelB