DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Banks.

Posted by bambam-189733 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,Just a quick question, I been told that some french banks allow you an overdraft facility without prior arrangement about 450 euros I think was said?? Would anyone know if this is correct.Thanks.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by carrington-181725 - 14 years ago

Used to be 3000FF they'd give you with the overdraft,this was mainly for all those who were students,however after six months or so i discovered the overdraft when i maxed out my own card,so yes to the best of my knowledge they do provide for an overdraft facility though i suspect it isn't there from the first day of the account being opened..

It dosen't hurt also if you can build up something akin to an amicable relationship with your conseillier at the bank as he can increase your limit simply by punching in a few keys on his computer; Simply put,he is allowed a lot more discretion as opposed to back in the UK where odds are that someone in a similar position would have to clear it with his/her guv,not to mention to see if you meet all the t's & c's and any other pedantic proceedure i may have omitted.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Yes I think my account has something like that - but it needs to be brought back into the black inside a week or suchlike.

Sorry no image available
Posted by apu - 14 years ago

this depends totally on the type of account you have, also in some banks will give you more credit depending upon what type of carte bancaire you have....

eg. 750 euros with Banque directe if you have direct debit on your carte bleu

about 1500 euros (not sure about exact amount) if you have deferred debit on your carte bleu...

zero if you only have a visa electron card..