DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bars/Cafe's in Monaco

Posted by globalart - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 13 years ago

My personal favourite these days for an aperitif (well into the night, at times) is the recently opened "Sea Lounge" on the premises of Beach Hotel. It is right on the beach, has great views & decoration and a chilled atmosphere & music.

For dinner in the summer, "Zebra Square" in the Grimaldi Forum is pretty good, with its terrace overlooking the sea and big comfortable cushions.

"Waterfront" on the Fontvieille port (a bit before Gerhard's, incidentally) has a good menu & crowd, but personally I find it a bit claustrophobic in the summer.

The sky is still light at 21:30, so why not dine on the beach? "La Note Bleu" on the Larvotto beach in Monaco (the only beach of our little village) has a pretty good kitchen & sometimes even live music.

I hope that helps.

Zeynep

"Karrement" just opened a floor under the Zebra Square - it starts out as a tapas & sushi bar in the afternoon and turns into a hip-but-not-too-young club at night.

The Anglophone crowd gathers in "Slammers", next to the Tex-Mex restaurant "Texan" near Rue Grimaldi. Full every day for after-work aperitifs and (wintertime, at least) weekend nights as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by globalart - 13 years ago

like your reply 40'sh male, single, well educated and not into airheads.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 13 years ago

quote:Does anyone know of Gerhard's Cafe? What type of clientel frequent this establishment?

Wolves well past their prime still on the prowl, and their female counterparts. I kid you not.

What is your idea of a "good place"? If you could also say what age group you are in, we can probably come up with a couple of places you will like.

Zeynep