DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beauty Spa

Posted by schusch - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 14 years ago

I strongly suggest the Shiseido Spa at Le Mas Candille in Mougins.

http://www.spacandille.com/index.html

Their facial treatment is heavenly. Arguably the best I have ever had.

Zeynep

Sorry no image available
Posted by DebM-189632 - 14 years ago

Avoid Marina Baie des Anges like the plague!

I went at the end of last year and was amazed that the place was still legally open. The pools were missing tiles, the pool steps were rusty, the sauna was black with mould, everything was filthy - really filthy. The back of the plastic pool chairs were held together with plastic strips which meant that everytime you leant back your skin was pinched. When I cut my foot open on a rusty metal nail in one of pools I finally left and vowed never to return.

It's cheap but really should not be open. Hygiene standards are nil and the staff are so understandably unmotivated that the service is shoddy. It was a very bad experience all together so beware, you have been warned!

Deb

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

Hip day spa in Nice is really good - it's holistic and they do hair, body and makeup. Was voted Best City Spa by Wallpaper mag last year. Had a couple of treatments and they were amazing - husband bought me a gift certificate for Christmas - nice man!

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by weddinghelpplease - 14 years ago

I live in London and am getting married in September but will be looking for a good spa for me and the girls to have beauty treatments.Could you provide me with the details of the new one you have been recommended too.

Thank you for your help.

weddinghelpplease

Sorry no image available
Posted by schusch - 14 years ago

Thanks for that info all, will give the one that you mentioned StGeorge a try, but dont expect me to go in any sort of high heels etc. I'll be leaving those behind as the pedicure is needed after all the nights out in those damn high heels!

Will let you know how it all goes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

You mean the one where high heels and garters are obligatory ? I was there the other night, but found the jacuzzi too crowded !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

Apparently there's a new one at the bottom of the Martinez in Canness - could be worth checking it out.

CB

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

And quite right too - pamper yourself !! After the boyfriend's shocking trauma with the most unhelpful hire van Company , take yourself in hand and seriously spoil yourself in the Baie Des Anges Spa and leave all the blues behind you !!stgeorge