DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bed and Breakfast

Posted by kimmy-193645 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kimmy-193645 - 14 years ago

Hi Susie,

Sorry, don't know anything about swimming pools as I don't have one. Also, I haven't even considered 2 kitchens as I am only doing a continental breakfast.

Mike....Having now spoken to a different person at the C DE C, (supposedly the head guy), I am now informed that I DON'T have to do anything through them or pay any social security payments unless I want to!!! Sounds good to me as it saves me a small fortune :)

Kim

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

Hello Kim

I'd be interested to know about taxes payable and whether or not the piscine should be fenced this year or by 2006 - is it private or what??  Do you think it is necessary to have 2 kitchens or just the one if preparing brekkies?  My e-mail is poddy1@bigfoot.com

Do you think the B&B market is saturated already or room for us??

Susie

Sorry no image available
Posted by kimmy-193645 - 14 years ago

Hi Susie,

When I said 'my bathroom' I really meant the bathroom to be used by the guests. As it turns out, I have rung the number for the 'environmental health' people that was given to me by the chambre de commerce, and they said no thanks they weren't interested in my B&B. Another red herring!!

Kim

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

Kim

Are you expecting all your guests to use one bathroom,i.e. yours??  If not, what is the point of inspecting your bathroom when it should be the bathroom of the guest suite(s).

I would be interested to hear how you get on as thinking of doing same  Let me know.

Regards

Susie

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Obey, to the letter, what the Chambre de Commerce tells you, whether it seems to makes sense or not. Your activity is de facto "commercial". You may want to get an accountant, BTW.**************
Mike