DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Best value VS service internet provider?

Posted by cj82 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 6 years ago

I've always been with Orange, for TV, internet, phone and mobile and I have to say I'm really satisfied. I hear many stories of people having problems with other providers whereas Orange users seem very happy. I had one problem in 6 years and they came the same day I called and changed my Livebox.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 6 years ago

I suspect on balance not much to choose between them all!

We have a rental villa, where we have kept our telephone line (at the 16 euros a month) as a backup, and use the internet telephone only for calls. This does mean if your internet connection goes down (and that would include power failures, which are quite frequent around here), then you have no phone.

It also seems to mean (and someone may be able to correct me..) that you can therefore only have one phone, that being the one connected to the Livebox.

In our own villa, we don't use the livebox (we have both a wired and wireless network in the house), and have several phones around the house, plugged into the telephone points installed in each room, including one very old-fashioned one by the bed that does not need an electrical connection to work. This means that we have a phone, come what may, and can cover emergencies that way if ever required. Somehow I feel happier with that, but to be honest, only used it three times in 9 years when it was the only phone that would work. You may be happy to have your mobile as your emergency backup phone - but in the event of a long power outage, that could be an issue as well.