DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Best way to Dublin from Nice

Posted by lob-189383 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 13 years ago

just booked online with aerlingus - 500 euros for 2 returns - nobbad.interestingly i initially searched usinghttp://www.traveljungle.co.uk which searches everythign from opodo to easyjet, airlinewebpages, ryanair - etc etc. which i had assumed was always going to come up with the goods - not so - they came up with £500 for the same flights.

Sorry no image available

just booked online with aerlingus - 500 euros for 2 returns - nobbad.interestingly i initially searched usinghttp://www.traveljungle.co.uk which searches everythign from opodo to easyjet, airlinewebpages, ryanair - etc etc. which i had assumed was always going to come up with the goods - not so - they came up with £500 for the same flights.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

Lob : If you pick the right dates you can do it for EUR 211 (incl all taxes) on BMI via London.

abc123 : Seems to me Easyjet told you the truth about the way they operate.  It is very clear from their terms that if you buy a ticket A - B and another B - C it is two separate and unrelated contracts.  It is a fundamental part of their operating strategy and one which allows them to offer lower fares.  If you don't like that particular approach then you can use the 'full service' carriers,  who by the way can also leave you stranded when you misconnect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by abc123-183592 - 13 years ago

Watch out on the EasyJet juggling acts - they confirmed to me once that they are an 'A-B carrier only' - outlining that if my first flight was delayed they couldn't guarantee any commitment to get me onto the second flight... as they do not officially handle connections... charming!  They said it'd be more likely they'd be helpful if I left several hours between each flight, but still couldn't guarantee any assistance if a problem cropped up. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by trixi - 13 years ago

Might be worth trying BMI or KLM.........I just got a decent fare with BMI €100 less than with Aer Lingus. Change of plane in London but at least you get checked through.

Sorry no image available

looked at that - works to be about the same - nay worth the bother.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 13 years ago

The other option is EJ to Stanstead and Ryanair from there. Sometimes doesn't save you much if anything though.