DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beware Perfume Vendors

Posted by the_geezer - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

this could be a shaggy dog story or it could be true, but it's worth mentioning perhaps as it's doing the rounds on the net...

there are men supposedly hanging around shopping centre car parks pretending to sell discount perfumes. they ask women if they want to smell a sample which is in fact ETHER. once the lady takes a sniff, and falls unconcious, she is raped.

like i say, could be a wind up, but then who knows...

the geezer will now take off the good samaritan hat and return to more scurrilous activities.

The Geezer

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane1 - 15 years ago

Hello all, I work in NHS hospital, an email from the police came to the hospital about this, although the women were being robbed not raped, although I suppose if you,ve rendered someone insensible it is just as easy in the right circumstances to bundle your vitim into a car as pinch her handbag, then of course you could do whatever takes your sick fancy. So, I guess the police were taking it seriously here,lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 15 years ago

Its been going on in the UK? What the Urban Legend? Or is there proof that this is actually going on?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bradkl-181056 - 15 years ago

Hi All

This is something that's been going on here in the UK - watch out - it's easy to be taken in!

karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 15 years ago

ah well i suppose that makes me look a bit of a wally.

thanks for that anyway davidl.

glad to hear it's not true though...

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 15 years ago
Sorry no image available

incidentally, i know perfume is basically ether ... but i guess this is some concentrated version...

"Viol de Dior", as sold in all leading car parks. sick eh?

The Geezer

Sorry no image available

juniper, i believe so. if she is not raped then i think she at least has her valuables stolen.

i haven't heard anymore. i wonder if there's been anything in the press about these attacks...

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by juniper-184191 - 15 years ago

Is she raped umm just there and then in the car park?ju

Sorry no image available
Posted by shining star - 15 years ago

Blimey Geezer - doesn't anyone react when aforementioned lady falls over?  Thanks for the tip though, nothing surprises me any more!shining star x