DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

bills

Posted by lynnettejane - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by palmerbarbara2001 - 14 years ago

i too was over charged on our water bill the bill is for march to sept and sept to march in advance we were over charged on the winter one and they would not do any thing about it but when the next one came it was hardly anything

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

thankyou for that, I have contacted the water company with our meter readings so hopefully they will do a more accurate calculation, so far this year we have had 2 bills, the amounts were for 36m3 (36,000 litres), the period of occupancy covered by the bills was a whole 2 days!!! In fact the second bill covered a period of total unoccupancy and our conumption was estimated at 30m3, the reimbursment is a result of my questioning these accounts, but I still feel that they are way over. However, we shall see, thanks again, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 14 years ago

Hi

An avoir is a credit note and is to show you that the overpayment is in the system and you will be refunded or it will come off your next bill, or the one after. Depending on your area Water company and whether you are metered or on forfait, readings are usually twice a year. EDF/GDF are also twice a year, usually June and December, but you can ring up and give the real meter figures should your bills show figures that are way overestimated.