DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bono in Eze?

Posted by ickle_angel - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know anything about Bono doing a concert on the beach in Eze on Sat nite? Being hearing rumours just wondered how true they were...anyone got any info?Cheers

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chyland - 14 years ago

To clarify:  U2 does have a summer house in South of France.  No they will not be playing Sat night, as they are playing at the opening ceremonies of the irish special olympics.  They do socialize on Prince Albert's yacht or Paul Allen's.  U2 tend to keep a low profile, as they are usually vacationing with their families when on the Cote d'Azur.

Hope that clears up the rumours!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Baker-184525 - 14 years ago

I was told by a friend who has got an invitation for the event that there will be a special party organised in Eze. However it is with/for all the "Nice People" from the TF1 reality show!

Are you still keen on going????....

Sorry no image available
Posted by ickle_angel - 14 years ago

Guess we just have to watch this space fidav...would be nice though hint hint Bono! :o)ickle_angel

Sorry no image available
Posted by fidav - 14 years ago

So, no conclusion yet! Do we go to Eze on Saturday night in hope that their might be a wee concert? Sound divine ... though take something soft to sit on - unless you intend to dance the night away?

Anyone going?

F

Sorry no image available
Posted by ickle_angel - 14 years ago

Oh dear seem to have started something here....! I know the beach is tiny thats why i have feeling its someone having a laugh! Might be a tad difficult if he's in New York too...as for boat soz have no idea! Assume i'll be sticking around in Nice for Fete de la Musique then! Ah well....!

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

oh no????

Historical clipping from 2002, more details here;

quote:yesterday afternoon, all the signs around Eze pointed to a grand celebration: Bono's yacht was anchored at the edge of the beach in front of his large seaside villa;

Sorry no image available
Posted by fionajthomson - 14 years ago

Rumours indeed! He's in New York & doesn't own a boat either!

Fiona

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Eze does have a beach - indeed a very nice one.  Don't see how you could get very many people onto it for a concert though.

Coincidentally, I was looking at a lovely house on a tiny peninsula at Eze-sur-mer the other day and a friend of mine told me that it belonged to Bono and he has been known to anchor his yacht in front and entertain his guests on what is colloquially called the "isoletto".

So I'd say, if you haven't received a personal invitation, you'll not be going.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Becketts Pen - 14 years ago