DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bought incomplete product: Redress?

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 6 years ago

Thanks for all the advice, particularly the fact that there is a 7-day period in which to return the product.
I wasn't planning to "go in all guns blazing", I just wanted to know if I had any rights if I bought something that the seller insisted did work here.
Luckily, we have now managed to make it work partially after searching, sourcing and buying an additional part.
I'll be more careful next time!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

Person to person sales have a return (grace) period of 7 days here in France. After that. all is lost

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

Give the seller the opportunity to solve the problem before you go in with guns blazing. It might be a genuine mistake.

You don't say what the product it is, you only say 'it won't work here'. Maybe you haven't set it up correctly, maybe you damaged it in transit or installation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by unclebuck-261169 - 6 years ago

You should contact the seller, I agree in some cases buyer beware but if the seller guarnteed that the item worked and it did not then you have been sold an item not fit for the purpose it was sold for. I am sorry but it does sound like someone has knowingly sold you an item that does not work and I would be going straight back there//

Sorry no image available
Posted by ZenZen - 6 years ago

ok but did you ever hear the phrase buyer beware? Terms and conditions and contract rules apply. Do you have a paper trail or even a cash trail? If not - not much you can do here. I suggest you put it behind you, absorb the cost of the loss and be more savy next time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bunnygirl-291679 - 6 years ago

Hi, like Christopher L said; have you contacted the seller?

It happened to me also twice and you just have to learn that there are sometimes some unkind people in the world or perhaps they are so desperate for money that they take this attitude...

Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

Have you raised the issue directly with the seller?