DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bricolage in or around Monaco

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

I wasnt still online, i had simply logged on to check my email and seeing that i have had guests over for lunch today, i knew the earliest id be able to get the wood would be on Monday.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Ciffreo Bona ( my posting at 0838 this morning ) will give you an off cut of wood for free , which you can then adapt for your personal use ( they also sell sandpaper , wood saws and screws ! ) . However as you were still on the PC at 1120 , either they were shut for the weekend or this ' bricolage ' isn't that urgent !

Having just got back from La Turbie , my hoard for the day from the bins ( average ) is as follows :

1. Hitachi DVD Player in perfect condition ( internal fuse blown , probably in a voltage surge)

2.Briggs and Stratton petrol lawn mower ( spark plug lead broken)

3.Old photo album ( water damaged ) of panoramic photos of Monaco and Menton at turn of the century . Some are a bit faded , but interesting all the same .

4.Red grained commode marble top , broken in two , which can be used for something !

5.Old decorated Chinese looking vase about 18 inches high with one of the handles missing - will grind the other handle off and use as a  gift for a suitable friend.

6.Parts of a pine shelving unit from Fly , with wooden baguette supports - useful for those little jobs around the house !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 14 years ago

Try a piece of doweling or a broom handle depending on the thckness of wood you will need under 90cm dowel otherwise a cheap broom handle  works fine for hanging rails

Sorry no image available

The clothes rail in one of the cupboard will benefit from it although it does say that in the original posting.

If you were attempting to be comical, it failed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

who will enjoy your request for 4 inches of wood!

Sorry no image available

In that case try Ciffreo Bona in La Turbie - 480 Rte de Nice.stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 14 years ago

MSM2000UK: it is the administrators' job to administer the Forum, not yours.

fish: please remember that you are expected to stay on-topic.

-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available

Ok, perhaps i didnt make this posting clear enough. I want sensible solutions, for example the name of a Bricolage, not the location of a rat infested rubbish bin.

Stick to the subject of the original posting, dont just talk about someone elses posting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fish-187106 - 14 years ago

St G

Why were you sainted (or whatever the technical term is)? Was it for services to recycling??

Also see "is my food healthy" & the fan stuff.

PS My missus is still grumpy & the WD40 hasnt helped too much in this heat.

Fish

Was it Confusius who said "if someone irritates you, it takes 43 muscles to frown,

but only 4 to punch his lights out?

Sorry no image available

Drive up to La Turbie - the dustbins are full of stuff - an ex play pen would probably do the trick !stgeorge