DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Broad Band? How do I know?

Posted by taff-192803 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by taff-192803 - 14 years ago

Well what more can I say.  All questions answere 100% thanks everyone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

If you're in the commune of Auribeau-sur-Siagne, the postal code is 06810.**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by taff-192803 - 14 years ago

Thanks, very useful replies,  only prob I have is that I don't have the postal code for the property,  I guess becasue it hasn't been finished yet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

Yes, unfortunately you have to pay the line rental to France Telecom, I don't know of any way round that, unless you use a satellite.  Mike, whose contributed to this thread, will probably have more ideas about this than le, though...

Sorry no image available
Posted by dhwilliams - 14 years ago

Paul

With Free do you still have to pay France Telecom for an adsl line?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

That your area can have DSL does not mean that a given property necessarily can (a disgruntled punter writes). However, France Télécom is doing a fairly good job of rolling out DSL - understandably, as deemand is high.

As for advice on the supplier: I say wait until you're here, as "later this year" can be a very long time in ISP-land. 

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

To find out if you have broadband in your area go to http://www.francetelecom.com , then Tout sur l'ADSL, then l'ADSL Chez vous. Then you can enter the postcode of the area and it will tell you if you have ADSL in your area.

For a provider, I use free.fr (www.free.fr) and find them excellent.