DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Building a house in France!!!

Posted by dzj744 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by peter57-190654 - 13 years ago

Hi DJZ

We also are thinking of the same idea, I live with a French lady who has done this very thing before, she went to a company called Maison Familiale, they do everything from find your land ,build your house and get the finance, I went saturday and found them most helpful, there are 2or3 places like that next door to each other, by Cap 3000, if you need the phone number just e.mail me and I will send it to you.

Best wishes Pete

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monaco Max-189694 - 13 years ago

I would strongly recommend Louis Soridente as an architect. He is highly experienced, and very well known on the Cote d'Azur. If you are interested, I can pass you his details.MAX (of Monaco)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PRoberts - 13 years ago

Hi,I'm also thoinking in construct my lovely house one of these days, but I have no idea of how much will be cost.I've tried to call some constructers but they just say "it depends".I would like just to know an approximative price for a plain pied villa of about 100 m2 (I alredy have the land)Do you have some idea? 150000? 250000? 350000?(to be more explicit, not a luxurous one)ThanksW. Roberts

Sorry no image available
Posted by dzj744 - 13 years ago

Hi

Thanks for your email.  I am sorry to hear about your year of troubles.  Sounds like a nightmare.

Can you explain a bit more about exactly what you mean... I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to... do you mean the taxes associated with building from scratch... if so, roughly how much are they?

Many thanks,

Dan

Sorry no image available
Posted by nice cuppa tee - 13 years ago

Before doing anything at all, I would advise you to get a tax lawyer! The dreams of so many people here get ruined every year by the trauma of a "contrôle fiscale". Even if they eventually let you off - the loss of sleep and general degradation of quality of life during their inquisition takes an enormous toll. I speak from bitter experience - I've just been given a "feu vert" after a year of hell - but as I never want to go through the same horror again I am selling up and leaving France....