DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Building an extension in france

Posted by KB-191075 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,can anyone tell me once you have your permission to extend a property in france is there any building regs generally how deep footings are cavity walls used can you build with block and render and would this be a single or double skin wall do they use damp coarse etc regards Kevinkb

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 14 years ago

If your drawing skills and French are up to the job, you should get through with a few visits to the town hall planning office, otherwise you will need the help of an architect and/or project manager.

Sorry no image available
Posted by KB-191075 - 14 years ago

Thankyou for your reply,I have not got planning yet but req an idea of how houses are built here so I can submit the right plans to the right authorities regards kbkb

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 14 years ago

I am not sure how you have managed to get building permission without submitting plans that include footings.

You will normally be required to submit a report from an expert géologue, otherwise the building will not be covered by the builder's ten year guarantee.

In France you will be expected to have drainage around the foundations rather than a DPC: it usually works.