DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bus Strike

Posted by plusate - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 14 years ago

No the 200 is fine. Infact all the buses are now working normaly. You just have to contend with the air traffic control strike :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by angelak-189865 - 14 years ago

Hi, just reading your messages about the bus strike!.Can anyone tell me if it is just certain buses that are on strike, as I am hoping to catch the 200 bus from the airport to Antibes on Saturday.Thanks

Sorry no image available

Hi All,

Ive just walked up to the bus station in Sophia and it looks like all the buses are running......

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 14 years ago

from the answerphone ;

"le conflit social est terminé"

all buses running normally since Valentine's Day.  Looks like they kissed and made up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mighty Cat - 14 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the 2VB is running again?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 14 years ago

Yes it is becoming very wearisome for those of us with kids needing school transport. The strike is renewed each day and an answerphone confirms for the following day. The number is 04 93 12 00 12

Sorry no image available

Ive been getting the 6A bus to Carefour then either getting a lift from whoever feels sorry for me!! or walking it. Couldnt even do that this morning as the Buses in Antibes went on strike (loadsa notice again). I feel the urge to use up some of my french holiday :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sco - 14 years ago

Yep, it's kinda lame... I've been hitch-hiking when I can't find a friend who's going up or coming down from Sophia... In fact, I'm just about to head off right now and stick out my thumb!! Wish me luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

I rang the gare routière office a couple of days ago and the end date is still unknown.  It has been four weeks now and now that the drivers have lost one month salary they are certainly not going to stop before they get want they want.

Have to tried to get a lift with somebody? That's what I've been doing as I couldn't afford cabbing it everyday!