Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Business in UK, no longer resident

Posted by Annie D-193444 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Keith_L - 16 years ago

Could be both, depends how well you have prepared for your move to France.  This might shed some light


Sorry no image available
Posted by Annie D-193444 - 16 years ago

I not too worried about paying tax in the UK, but what do you mean about unearned income, savings etc???

I have several £'000 from the sale of the UK property - PLEASE don't tell me I have to pay some tax on that (or do you just mean tax on any interest?)!!!!

BTW if it's relevant - the UK property was sold in my name & the money is in my bank account.  The UK business is in my husbands name.


Sorry no image available
Posted by CORNISH-181280 - 16 years ago

Just going through same problem,as your business is in UK with a UK address you pay tax on earnings in UK but any unearned income savings etc will have to be declared and taxed in France.As tax on unearned income is I believe 60% I have brought all monies over to invest in France where I will have to research new investments.I am using a very good Advocat in Sophia Antipolis who specialises in tax (French & English)SIMON