DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Calling all Ex Pat Mum's

Posted by caroline castel - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Recently returned to the Monaco area from a posting to the Middle East, I am learning the hard way how lonely and difficult it is to settle back in Europe, sort out the move, children, job, etc and still keep up some kind of a social life! Are there any more ex pat Mums like me, who would appreciate meeting up with each other just for fun, to share our woes and learn to laugh at life again? We could organise trips to cinemas, dinners, drinks or just sit around each other's places with a cup of tea!!    Hopefully there will be a good enough response that we can make this a regular thing! Lets start by talking to each other via AngloInfo and then lets see what we can get going........

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by caroline castel - 14 years ago

Hi Mj and the responsible Adult (thank goodness there's one!)

I'll write to your personal e mails as now we are more than a couple who would like to meet up...Monaco's a really hard place to meet friends if you have kids in tow as there is not much on offer for them or us...lets get together with the other girls and swop stories?

Speak to you later on your mail

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 14 years ago

I'm interested.  I've been in the Monaco area for about 6 months now and can't say I'm settled in.   It would surely help to meet new people!

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

I'm in Valbonne.  I have a car and am a fearless explorer.  Only parking fees give me pause.

Sorry no image available
Posted by caroline castel - 14 years ago

'Course not!! Its just a way for us mums to get together and do stuff that is fun but doesn't necessarily involve clubbing until dawn (been there, done that, and am now too tired for that!!)

Looks like there might be quite a few of us 'forgotten' friends out there...lets wait a little while and see how many more and then organise a get together! First one might have to be up my way though, although maybe we could organise something towards the Antibes area too...where are you?

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

I would definitely be interested.  Does it matter that my children are not with me?