DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can anyone recommend a guest house for the weekend

Posted by michael and kate - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am looking to drag my husband away from the computer and heat of Cannes for the weekend.  I have in mind a reasonably priced, quiet guest house with good food and a pool.  Don't want to travel more than 1 hour from Cannes.  Apreciate it may be busy at this time of year, but wondered if anyone had any ideas?!

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by michael and kate - 14 years ago

Thank you every one that posted ideas - will store them away for another time!

Infact, we took Cathy's advice and headed of to La Rivolte in Grasse for a couple of days.  It was heavenly.  Wonderful breakfasts on the terrace overlooking the Bay of Cannes, morrning strolls around Grasse and lazy afternoons around the pool.  Couldn't ask for more! 

Would recommend it to anyone who, like us, just facies getting away fron it all!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CathyK-185468 - 14 years ago

You could try us! I run a large 8 bedroom 19th century villa in Grasse with amazing sea views, 2 hectares of gardens and a jade green swimming pool. We normally rent the villa as a whole week by week during the summer and it is rented until the end of September, but due to this being an odd season we still had next week free so we're now offering Bed & Breakfast from Saturday 23rd August until the following Saturday.  So far, I only have the Herb Cottage reserved. Please see our website for more details and photos: www.larivolte.com  As we don't normally offer B&B during the summer, there are no peak season prices listed for July or August - please just add 10% to the high season room rates.

Cathy King

Sorry no image available
Posted by nicked - 14 years ago

A little further than an hour..but highly reccomended The Quatre Saison at Le Castellet excellent accom, pool and food!nicked

Sorry no image available
Posted by DavidDiane - 14 years ago

I should, at least, spell this place right. It is the Domaine de Chateauneuf, Nans-les-Pins. Have fun!

Sorry no image available
Posted by DavidDiane - 14 years ago

You might look into the Chateau Chateneuf in Nans-les-Pins.Should meet your criteria!

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

hmmm - no more than 1 hour from Cannes in the 3rd week of August eh?  So you are thinking of Mandelieu, Valbonne, Golfe-Juan sort of radius then?