DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can you teach me to cook Please?

Posted by Anusha-181570 - Created: 17 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 21 to 28)

Sorry no image available
Posted by punc - 17 years ago

Girls, girls, girls. Food is passion. Just watch Rick Stein, Jamie Oliver or Keith Floyd.

It's not about knowing how to cook, it's about feeling how to cook.

And Jan, Tagliatelle au saumon. Fresh tag, smoked salmon, creme fraiche, black pepper. Ten minutes tops, and absolutely gorgeous. Glass of chilled white, candlelit, on me own ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 17 years ago

Well girlsI just cooked up gnocchi(purchased in Italy yesterday) and made a sauce with lardons, cream, parmasan(also from Italy) freshly ground black pepper and a touch of pesto sauce. Served with some fresh asparagus. ..Devine. I went to all that effort just for me and the kids (hubbys away again) It took me all of 15 mins to prepare and cook. Probably quicker than opening your frozen packet.If your prepared to go the extra mile, 30 kilometers in this case, and buy good fresh ingredients, you can create a masterpiece in no time.JanAnything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 17 years ago

Trudie,

That's one up from me then, I just throw a Tesco frozen dinner in the microwave.......and I'll bet they taste even better once I've mastered the programming on the damn thing........

Jan, I'll be over there in 13 days - do you think I could book you for a day whilst I'm there.......we'll just start with basics.... like how to keep the jam on just one side of my toast!

xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Trudie-183812 - 17 years ago

Runaway - I think Jan's given up on us. Mind you I just cooked a lovely dinner, 2 boiled eggs and toast!

Burnt the toast, but the eggs where perfect.

Trudie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 17 years ago

It's so difficult to teach someone to cook.You have the flare or you don't.As long as you can read the recipe, what's the problem.JanAnything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 17 years ago

My thoughts exactly Trudie..........Jan may have more luck with this one than she ever did with us!!

xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Trudie-183812 - 17 years ago

This sounds like a job for Jan?Trudie

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 17 years ago

Wow,  there's a challenge! 

I daren't offer because of the effect it might have on my domestic harmony. Good luck.