DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

carte de sejour advice please.....

Posted by topgirl - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 13 years ago

EU citizens no longer need a Titre de Séjour except under certain specific circumstances (which, er, have yet to be specified). If you're not an EU citizen you still need one.**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by The Pigtails-195986 - 13 years ago

Just a quick question? the carte sejour was eliminated from requirements in january 2004 & thus is no longer a legal necessity, so why are all these people having to get one? is it only non europeen people who need one or is it just the english who no longer need one?The one & only original Pigtails

Sorry no image available
Posted by topgirl - 13 years ago

well, thanks for everyone's help. It went very well, we provided all the neccessary paperwork (untranslated, yay) and it was fine. Still MASSIVE amounts of people there tho.... at least 150

Sorry no image available
Posted by wkt54-196372 - 13 years ago

Hi

I am thinking of going to Antibes shortly looking for a job.  I want to claim unemployment benefit while doing so.

I've just read that it takes a month to receive the carte de sejour after applying.  If I arrive in France, am I not able to receive benefit until after I receive the carte de sejour?

Thanks

WKT

Sorry no image available

my husband is employed here on a english registered yacht. Would a letter from his captain, stating that he is employed there, be enough?

Sorry no image available

thanks Fefel, what kind of info do they ask? :-/Yes, I will be going to Nice prefecture. Are you EU or non-EU, and did you have to provide translations of birth certificate etc? What kind of time would you suggest I go there... (I am going in on Monday, probably the worst day, I know...)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fefel - 13 years ago

Hello TopGirl - I just had my carte de sejour approved where can I start with helpful advice?? Firstly I rang my embassy before I went out there the first time to avoid being sent away for not having the right papers.  I had my initial visit and as I had all the correct papers and photos etc they issues me with a 'recepisee de demande de carte de sejour'.  I then recieved in the mail a month later details of where I had to go for my medical which I went along to - it was very brief just an x-ray and a chat really.  I then had to take that medical back in and pay 55 euro - then I got my carte de sejour.  I am not sure if this is the same process for you - best to talk to your embassy.  The first time you go, don't get there super early as there is a HUGE line up of people at the gate and as soon as they open it everyone rushes to the correct spot and on your first visit when you don't know where you need to go you end up being the last in a huge queue.  Depending on what prefec. you are going to I know in Nice it is straight ahead the queue for first demand for carte de sejour - follow the crowd really! Hope that is helpful - mostly grin and bear it depending on who you get on the day is what information they might ask for!!!

Sorry no image available

thanks cheffie, who did you use as a translator and what did that cost you? pls email me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 13 years ago

After just going through the process, I didn't need to get a physical. If you do, you must use one of the approved doctors at a cost of about 200€. All documents must be translated (this is France!). I used a service to help with the paperwork etc and we were in and out in 30 minutes!!!

Sorry no image available

...another question, for non-EU mambers, has anyone really been asked to supply a certificate of a recent medical examination.....? Thanks