Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Carte de Sejour - Insurance

Posted by michael and kate - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by michael and kate - 16 years ago

Thank you for taking the time - we apreciate it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Icarus-184675 - 16 years ago

Sorry correction, I read 'husband' without really thinking about it.

Your husband doesn't need a visa if you are EU citizen, so it shouldn't be a problem if you get your insurance sorted out, although applying late could be predudical.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Icarus-184675 - 16 years ago

On no account should you turn up with your E111 since you have actually been using it fraudulently!

The E111 is explicitly for reciprocal health cover for people who are resident in one country and need health care on a short visit to another (less than three months). Of course since they have no records its impossible for them to know this, unless you admit to it (i.e. by showing up at the prefeture).

As regards your husband. First he does have a long stay visa doesn't he? If not he has been here illegally, which won't make future applications any easier. He will need to go back to Canada and apply there, best not to admit to having been in France for so long. Applying locally may not be a good idea. If he has a visa getting a carte de Sejour should be straightforward providing you get your mediacl insurance sorted out. There is a section on AngloInfo on this.

Hope this clears things for you