Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Carte Vitale for Pensioners

Posted by Sue R-188877 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gerbil-194494 - 13 years ago

Have you read this http://riviera.angloinfo.com/information/1/healthinsure.aspYou get the E121 from the DSS in the UK not from a post office. DSS/Inland Revenue address and further info on this page http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/cnr/ and pages linked to it.Your friend might also want to check out top-up health insurance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sue R-188877 - 13 years ago

Thank you both for your comments. is the UK form E121 specifically for retired people? Where would we get that from? A UK post office?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 13 years ago

She will need to get a UK E121 from the UK and then take this with birth certificate and any certificates (marriage / divorce ) if her surname is different to the CPAM -we did this and within days were registered and had the green card in 2 weeks!! Thumbs up for French burecracy!! However a friend who though a UK citizen has had a more difficult time as his birth certificates shows India as a place of birth!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Myop - 13 years ago

If she's an EU citizen retired here on a UK pension and is a legitimate French resident (French address, declaring for income tax - even if paying no income tax for whatever reason) she does indeed have a right to French medical cover under the state system.