DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cellphone repair expert?

Posted by MikeP-180526 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I am with Club Nokia but by the time I've packed it up and sent it back, then they may not do anything about it as it is such an old 'phone ..... you're right - I should get another one and bin it.  It has been an 'old faithful' and has served me well in places as far apart as the Philippines, India, Australia, South Africa to name just a few and I will be sad to bin it.  Also,  we are now an 'all Nokia' household,  after having other makes I am now convinced of the superiority of Nokia - also of course there are advantages in only needing one charger,  and being familiar with the menu.

So,  I shall try Tony's suggestion if I can open it up ....

Cheers - MIKE

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 15 years ago

I have fixed some of the family Nokias simply by taking them apart, cleaning the bits inside, and putting them back together.  A common problem with kids phones is soft drinks getting inside.

If the display reappears when you push on it, it is because a bit of conductive rubber behind the display has lost its spongyness.  It is best to replace it, but you can try opening it up and pushing it back into shape again.

All the Nokia phones need a Torx 6 screwdriver, but I dont where you can find one down here

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 15 years ago

I had a similar problem with a Nokia few years ago. I sent it to them and they sent me a new one back because it was a recognised problem. I was a member of Club Nokia, and still am, and as there was no repair representative in Monaco they told me to send it back to them. Not sure if this is still the case though nor do i know if you are with Club Nokia.

For what the phone is worth, you'd do better binning it and buying a new one for about 40€. There were a few postings before xmas with people offering mobiles.

M