DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Charity Shops- Clothes to Donate

Posted by PARNASSE - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

PARNASSE :

I hope you will see this. I am also emailing you through the AngloInfo facility

You no doubt remember that you kindly let me have your unwanted clothes from Monaco.
I have only today had the opportunity to go through the bags, which have been in my garage for a few weeks.
There is (according to my girlfriend!) some beautiful stuff in there, designer clothes,  shoes which have never even been worn, and so on.
So this is just to say, once again,  a big thank you.
There is too much for me to take to South Africa, which was my original intention,  so I am going to take as much as possible, and the rest will be donated locally.  We may even be able to sell some of it and I will then convert the proceeds into Rand and it will be donated to the Childrens' Red Cross Hospital in Cape Town.
Should you have any other requests as to which charity to give it to,  please let me know.
Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.
Best wishes
MIKE

Sorry no image available
Posted by PARNASSE - 15 years ago

Thank you Mike. Will sort dates and get back to you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

I don't know where you live, but in our area there are a number of white collection boxes in the street, usually near the bottle/paper banks, for clothes. 

If your stuff is too good for that, and it sounds as if it might be,  we have a charitable venture at the company I work for in Sophia Antipolis, we collect clothes and depending on exactly what it is,  send it to the underprivileged in various places, either locally or world wide.

If you do not find another outlet, as it would be a shame for it to go to waste, please email me and we can arrange collection if you are not too far.

Cheers

MIKE