DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

cheap flights to Australia

Posted by pjd-185342 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi everyone,Just wondering whether anyone knows of a good site to search for cheap flights to Australia.........

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pjd-185342 - 13 years ago

Thanks loads everyone. I'll be surfing all those sites...... Maybe my problem is the time we want to travel (march/april next year) Anyway you have all given me some great suggestions so its onwards and upwards :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 13 years ago

Second message from me.>>>>> I'm not looking at going now but as the subject has come up I've been fiddling around..... For example with the Emirates site. First I tried NCE - BNE single and got a 3,000€ +. Then I tried NCE - SIN afterwards SIN - BNE and came up with a total of about 1050€ adding the two flights together.

Make you wonder doesn't it ?

Reinrev 

Sorry no image available

One thing no one has talked about yet are the eternal  T a x e s.   Some, but very few sites (eg. E-bookers) come up with "their price" and also the "full price" including taxes right at the end, just before you press the reserve / pay button.  With other sites (most of them) you don't really know where you are.

The taxes whether included or not come up to quite a sum.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 13 years ago

I just checked degriftour.com and found an aller-simple from Nice to Sydney for 795 euros (dept. october) or 854 euros aller-retour (dept. next week).

-Samantha

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lionel R - 13 years ago

I have ticket from Paris- Melb for Nov. rang and asked to leave from Nice , no problem. Emirates.curley

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lachy - 13 years ago

I have just been looking intensely at discount ticket websites as I am heading to Aus in Jan (anyone up for a JJJ hottest 100 spa/bbq party in Melbourne? )I ended up getting return flights with Emirates for 998 Euro but from Paris. The two sites I found to be the best are:1. http://www.easyvols.com/easyvols/index.jsp?clientId=2which scans 8 discount websites (anyway, go voyages, ebookers etc) and ranks them in price order. and the other is the French partner for STA travel http://www.wasteels.fr/Wasteels/cgi-bin/pgIndex.phpHowever, with both sites it is well worth looking at several days either side of you ideal ones. As someone else pointed out it can make a big difference to the price. Hope that helps a bit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Let me know if I can help you with the German part.

It is not too complicated even if you do not know German. On the bottom of the page, click on the button that says "Flugbuchung", on the following page choose Buchungsmaschine 1 - and if you get no satisfactory result, then try Buchungsmaschine 2 (they say that in 90% of all cases, no 1 is sufficient).

The following page is very easy to understand - just enter your departure airport, destination, dates and number of passengers and that's it!

I am sure the staff speaks English, so you might also send them an email asking for fares from Nice (as NCE is not listed as a point of departure, whereas Paris for example  is).

Sorry no image available

Miss Varna's suggestion looks very interesting.  Her site came up "first hit" with a very good price using Cathay Pacific. Pity the site is only in German and my German isn't sufficient for the details, but that is only a detail.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Mike P's suggestion to go via London or any other airport is very good.

I can recommend www.flybest.de for cheap tix, they offer flights via Frankfurt for example. I checked for a flight from Frankfurt to Sydney in October and got a price of 800 Euro.

Moreover, their fares for business class tix are very good and I've never found lower ones. For Sydney, the return flight in Business Class would be 2000 Euro, which to me sounds evry reasonable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lionel R - 13 years ago

Buy Sunday Times look in travel section cheap flts. including Emirates to all cities.curley