DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cheap telephone calls to the UK?

Posted by cheryln - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Are there any companies that provide cheap telephone calls to the UK?

Any advice much appreciated

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tron-189658 - 5 years ago

Have  you tried Skype, can make VOIP calls to anywhere and connect at local call rates

Sorry no image available
Posted by NicolaasM-275338 - 5 years ago

It is not clear to me if you are refering to calls from a fixed (land) line in France, to a fixed (land) line in the UK. If so, then the best choice is to take a monthly subscription from an internet service provider, costs you around 30.00 Euro per month and you have UNLIMITED calling to land lines to 130 countries included in the price. Also included calls to mobile phones in the US, not mobile phones in the UK though.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pbach - 5 years ago

I found a very good deal to make international calls and use internet around Europe, i bought a prepaid sim card from lefrenchmobile, they offer very good tarrifs to make calls to the Uk and the rest of Europe. there is no nedd to sign any contract and the best is that everything is in English.

Sorry no image available
Posted by poolman-188953 - 13 years ago

Sorry I got my figures wrong it should be 0.005 euros (yes thats half a eurocent per minute!!!!!!!!ChrisHautVar

Sorry no image available
Posted by Stephenj57 - 13 years ago

I use onetel, as I can register my mobile as well.

www.ontel.com should link you up to the French site

Sorry no image available
Posted by poolman-188953 - 13 years ago

Have been using Telerabias for some time now.  Calls to England off peak cost 0.05 Euros per minute which is the standard local call charge for France telecom.ChrisHautVar

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Caird-193057 - 13 years ago

Try Telerabais, you dial 0811 65 31 31 then a voice will start to talk in french, you need not listen to this just dial your uk code and number. Calls are then  charged at French local rate. No account to sign up with just comes up on your French telephone bill as local call.Excellent service, there is a posting about Telerabais here in the forum, all good comments.Also look at their web page if you want to read more.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alx-189416 - 13 years ago

If you log on to www.iradium.fr you can pre-pay for cheap calls. I think we paid 25 euros for something like 3000 minutes - valid for 3 months. Then all you pay is local calls when you dial the special number they give you.

HTH