DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Child Benefit

Posted by Brooksta - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

From the page I specified you follow this sequence ...

Toutes les prestations
Conditions, montants, démarches...

Les enfants [...EMBEDDEDIMAGE...] Allocations familiales

[...EMBEDDEDIMAGE...] Le montantAnd it will show you that 2 children = 110.71 Euros per month which is supplemented by 31.14 Euros for each child 11-16 years of age or 55.36 Euros for each child older than 16 (and younger than 20).

Sorry no image available
Posted by AbbieR - 14 years ago

The site seems to be in French, and mine isn't very good yet. What is the exact term for "child benefit" in French so that I can try to pinpoint the correct part of the site? I am a "stay at home" mother of two.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by rice pudding - 14 years ago

Can I suggest you contact the assistance social through your town hall.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brooksta - 14 years ago

Thanks for the info - seems a bit drastic to have another child just to get some money out of the french government!!- you seem to know an awful lot about this area - I've seen your notes re schooling - would be interested to hear your thoughts as to what is the best solution for me. I would love to try and get my son into a garderie or creche - I believe this is really difficult (I live in Magnan - Nice) as I would like to try and get a part time job or even full time. My husband works full time on a CDI contract and we are finding it really hard to make ends meet. Can we claim any other benefits whilst here? - if so, how!! - also where can I find a list of creches or local schools - is it the Mairie who can help - or I've been told to go to the prefecture and ask for the PMI desk - is this correct?

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

First thing you need to do is to get cracking and make another baby as the allocations are only paid as of child #2 (this is french policy to encourage population growth and stay-at-home Mums).

All the info you need to know is at www.caf.fr