DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Children's writers and Illustrators [scbwi]

Posted by selkie-187145 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Christine-180881 - 14 years ago

Dear Selkie,

Yes it would be great to meet, although I would personnally prefer October to September for our first meeting

Christine

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 14 years ago

Critiques and portfolio reviews are a good idea - and can definitely help people get published. However Author-illustrator teams are frowned on by publishers though they can be useful for getting experience [occasionally husband and wife teams are accpeptable]

Publishers prefer people to either only write, only illustrate or be equally good at writing and illustrating

Once we have an idea of how many folk are interested we can maybe get a date organised in September -until then  get in touch by email and we can try and meet for coffee etc

Sorry no image available

To all those who are interested, how about deciding on a date for a first meeting? The idea of a group of children writers is great. I think if you want to be published, it is great to show publishers that your work has already been shown to/critiqued by some people. And what about writing and/or illustrating a book together?

Christine

Sorry no image available

Hello,

That sounds great. I am an aspiring children's books writer and would love to take part in the get togethers.

Regards,

Christine