DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Chomage / Social security

Posted by Rick W - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cb-192369 - 14 years ago

Another allocation chomage question!

Have worked in France/Monaco for 4 years, if when changing jobs for a CDI I am not kept on after the trial period, can I claim?

Any idea how much I'd get and when would payment start?!

Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Black Cat-192495 - 14 years ago

Rick W, I would be very surprised if you qualify for the RMI. In fact, if you quit your job I doubt you qualify for anything in form of state aid.RMI is meant for poor people on their last legs who have no other form of support whatsoever. Like people who are sick or out of work through no fault of their own.I have a friend who got it once. She qualified in the end but first they tried to find her a job. When they couldn't find her one they looked at her previous bank balances to see whether she'd emptied her account to simulate poverty. Then they looked at whether she owned any property she could sell to get her out of poverty.After all this she finally got the RMI (after 3 or 4 months waiting I think) and from time to time they checked her bank balance to be sure she wasn't getting any other income. After a few months on RMI the ANPE (Job Centre) found her a job which she had to accept or lose the RMI.So, in your case, I wouldn't count on it!

Sorry no image available

When it comes to extra hours or days in lieu, it's the "convention collective" of your profession that states the rules about overtime pay etc.Which "convention collective" you belong to should be marked on your pay slip (bulletin de paye). At http://www.conventioncollective.com you can buy a copy (15 euros) that applies to you although I think your empoyer is required to give you a copy if you ask for it (that's unverified info).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rick W - 14 years ago

Hey Thanks guys / girls <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Many thanks for the various replies , I was never under the impression that I’d qualify for ‘ chomage ‘ and realy only intended to use the term as a heading for this topic , well I suppose I’ll have to rely on the RMI  as mentioned by Flow ( thats if they don’t insist on me selling the house first ! )

So much for the 35 hr week Legend , as you know I’ve been with this company for quite a bit , I do a 48 hr week and work every Sat & Sunday . For that in my pay packet I receive an ‘ extra ‘ 25 % for 32 hours or the four sundays every month , days in lieu I think must be a foreign word  ( although it sounds surprisingly french to me ! ) , as I’m not in the hospitality or restaurant trade is this the norm or is somebody just getting their moneys worth ?

rw

Sorry no image available

Most employers won't agree to this because if they lay someone off without paying redundancy they don't have the right to hire someone to take their place.BTW: "amicable" layoff does not sit well with the chomage people either...

Sorry no image available
Posted by NuttR - 14 years ago

Any chance your current employer would actually fire you (amicably of course)?  If you get laid off, this would change the situation considerably.  having said that, even if you DO get laid off, you have to wait 75 days + your paid holidays before the ASSEDIC will kick in...

Good luck to you! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

RTT = Réduction de Temps de Travail

essentially whole days off to compensate you for a 35 hour week which is supposed to be the norm.

P.S. sounds to me you want to take time off and therefore I can't see why you should get any chomage - sorry.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rick W - 14 years ago

Hi once again ,

Many thanks to Flow & LinL for your replies , I didn't think things looked too rosy ! , what I failed to mention in the original post was that the house still needs to be restored hence the delay between new jobs

just out of curiosity Legend what is RTT time ?

thanks once again     R 

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

quote:any advice would be welcome

DON'T RESIGN TILL THE LATE SPRING

You mention the reason for resigning as a career change yet you state that you won't be in work until the summer.  Delay your resignation until as late as possible.  Take all your due vacation and RTT time as paid employment time rather than receiving it as cash in your "solde de touts comptes".

You do not qualify for benefit if your unemployment is willingly incited.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flow-192518 - 14 years ago

Hi

if you quit your job you can't ask for chomage it's only when you are at the end of your contract or when you are told to leave for economics reasons...But in any case if you haven't any revenu you can ask for RMI (revenu minimum d'insertion) which not a lot of money but can help you to stay without anything...hope it can help you...

Bye

flow