DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Christmas or not in the South???

Posted by anthonyb-187880 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by drippy-188927 - 14 years ago

Hey Carol!  You're welcome - and I apologise for giving you a sex change - didn't mean to honest! (I was reading usernames!)

Now I'm off to Jingle Bell Rock again with the nice wee Christmas Elves at R.R.  heh heh!

Cherry Mishmash!

Drippy

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyandcarol - 14 years ago

Dippy what a ray of festive cheer you are,totally agree with everything you say.

We put our tree up 2 weeks ago and the house is like santa's grotto and we love it.

A very Merry Christmas to you and your's this Christmas and enjoy putting up the tree......

P.S Just love the Christmas music on Riveria Radio even if they do play sme ones over and over again,can't get enough..

Ho HO HO

CAROL.

When Irish eyes are smiling...
Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available
Posted by drippy-188927 - 14 years ago

..........................................................................................................................................................

Just tune into Riviera Radio and you'll have had your fill of Christmas by the end of the day.

Now another long sweep of the Christmas songs you know and hate....

..........................................................................................................................................................

BAH HUMBUG!

Christmas IS what you make it and it's NOT just for kids! 

Anthony - If people around you think it's no big deal - well - that's their loss - if you enjoy Christmas and get excited and all tingly just thinking about it then go ahead and get your lights out of that lorry and up around your house!  Turn the volume up on that radio and sing along to Riviera Radio's Christmas CD!  (Yeah - I'll admit the same songs three times in one day could get a little tedious - but maybe they'll play CD 2 next week!)

When I was living in the US I spent several Christmasses home alone with just me, myself and I - and I still managed to make it special, so no matter where you are or what your situation is, it can still be a magical time.

We're getting our tree this weekend and I'm excited about it - we'll get the lights up and the decorations swinging - the Christmas CD's will be dusted off and popped in the player!  Yippee!
Now - if only I could make it colder - all frosty and snowy - without a treck up into the mountains!

So - here's hoping all you mopey old Christmas scrooges have a wonderful Christmas!  C'mon - get a life - it really IS ok to enjoy yourself and have a bit of fun - enjoy giving as well as receiving - decorating as well as admiring decorations!  Remember that childhood - not so long ago - how about revisiting it?  Eh?  Just for a day or so! (AND it IS ok to sing along to Riviera Radio' Crimble medley - but if you don't like it - there is an OFF switch on there somewhere!)

And - Happy Hanukah - and Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate and to everyone - whatever your religion or creed - make it a special time for you and your family and friends - I wish you all a very happy festive season and a fabulous new year!

So, anthony - don't you worry about the "bah humbug-ers" - I say just go for it and have a FAB time!

Ho - Ho - Ho!

Drippy (the lesser known reindeer!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by trajectory - 14 years ago

Just tune into Riviera Radio and you'll have had your fill of Christmas by the end of the day.

Now another long sweep of the Christmas songs you know and hate....

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyandcarol - 14 years ago

What strikes me on the Anglo site is that people are just not into Christmas,not all I admit.

Maybe I'm wrong....

I always say u have to make Christmas your self but is it because we are all living in the south of France now that as it's just not a big deal here and we now feel the same?????I  found the same at Halloween,not a big thing .Does this mean that when you move you slot right into the culture and leave behind all your own??

Don't get me wrong I love living here now,still get home sick but I want to go on with my culture ,or will I in time just have that "ah it's no big deal " attitude.

Hope not as I have A lorry load of X-mas lights ..........

CAROL B....

When Irish eyes are smiling...
Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

One point you should bear in mind is that the sort of Christmas atmosphere that you get in English speaking countries is far more muted here.  It is far less of an event.

Whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion.