DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Closest Italian Supermarket

Posted by VictoriaB-187745 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 14 years ago

I went to Conad around 16.00 hrs on a Sunday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. Cigarettes are cheaper there than in France as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarquin-188748 - 14 years ago

Yes - the name of it is Conad and it's along the coastal route after Menton. I wouldn't try it on a Sunday though, just to be on the safe side.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nice_and_sunny - 14 years ago

There is a chain of italain supermarkets in Nice.  There is one on Rue Buffa. 

If you are going to Italy to buy booze avoid any of the shops close to the boader, they are a rip of buy italian standards.  Find a Coop, GS, PAM, etc and you will get the best buy.

Are you looking for something in particular? 

nice and sunny

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 14 years ago

Not sure if Tarquin is talking about the same one, but along the coastal route, shortly after Menton, I saw a Conad supermercato.  I haven't been there myself but heard it's not bad.  By the way, they are apparently open on Sundays too - just not sure about the hours.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarquin-188748 - 14 years ago

Once past the border, keep driving drive towards Ventimiglia to a place called Latte which is clearly signposted. Once you drive passed the sign, there on your left hand side is a marvelous Italian supermarket - and you can park outside. The wines, the cheeses, the hams, the sauces, the sausages, the fresh pasta, and the biscuits are all there in plentiful supply. I love to go there on a rainy afternoon. Almost next door, there's a liquor store for the more discerning wine lover.