DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Clothes

Posted by anthonyb-187880 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anthony Brophy - 14 years ago

THANK YOU,TOLD MY HUBBIE IM OFF TO WAIT OUTSIDE TILL THEY OPEN...HAVE A WARM SLEEPING BAG WITH ME SO SHOULD BE OK.YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

CHEERS.CAROL

Kind regards;
Carol and Anthony

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

I've got to admit, the clothes I purchased in France were of remarkably bad quality.  Just terrible.  Once washing and they turned to mere threads.  Expensive stuff too; BlancBlue.  Then I went to Milano.  Very much worth the trip.  Only 3.5 hours.  Shop all damn weekend.  Great stuff, unbelievable selection, very good prices.  Well, I know I am the last to discover the worlds best shopping mecca, but I discovered it indeed.  Don't bother with etoile or 3000, just take a nice morning drive to Milano.Its all good

Sorry no image available

THANKS JHM,SOUNDS GOOD TO ME,CAN GET EVERYONE DRESSED IN SAME PLACE.I ALSO FIND FRANCE DONT HAVE A GREAT CHOICE OF CLOTHS SHOPS UNLIKE IRELAND AND ENGLAND,SHOPPING HEAVEN ,BUT MAY PUT UP WITH IT REGARDLESS.

THANKS AGAIN.

CAROL.

Kind regards;
Carol and Anthony

Sorry no image available
Posted by JHM - 14 years ago

Nice Etoile is great if you like to wear clothes from C&A and its ilk.

Better - although not great shops - can be found at Cap 3000, just west of Nice airport.

If you want 'good' clothes, you will have to shop on Cannes' Rue d'Antibes.

I personally find French clothing tacky, badly made and almost exclusively made of man-made fibres. Italian clothes are better made, if perhaps a little more expensive. There is an enourmous 'designer' retails park north of Genoa near Alessandria. Good quality clothes, good prices and lots of choice for the whole family.

JHM

Sorry no image available

Jayne Thanks for the reply, guess Im going shopping so..

Carol;

Kind regards;
Carol and Anthony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 14 years ago

Try Avenue Jean Medecin and Nice Etoile (a shopping centre on the Avenue) - there's lots of choice!Happy shopping!