DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

clothing for larg-ish ladies

Posted by ebshipp - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Can anyone tell me if there are any shops in the general area of Antibes/Cannes/Grasse that deal in sizes higher than 48?  Size 50-52 seems to work.  I have found a few things in Gemo, but not many.  I'm looking for smart business casual clothing, mainly.  Thanks!

E.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tspoon1981 - 15 years ago

i know this may sound expensive, but have you ever tried taylored clothing? it is cheaper than you think, a little more than off the rack but still ok. it also means that the clothes you have will look and feel slimmer because most taylors will take in and expand at the right places. so you feel good alround. just an idea.T Spooner

Sorry no image available
Posted by S-185525 - 15 years ago

Hi!I noticed a shop on Rue de France in Nice which might interest you:-------------------------------------------Sans ComplexesResid Le Celimene63 r France06000 NICE04 93 16 13 06Activité : * vêtements pour femmes (détail)-------------------------------------------They seem to have a good range of sizes. I also spotted another store yesterday on rue Dalpazzo, but I can't remember the name and it's not coming up on pages jaunes for me. But it's very close to Sans Complexes - if you stand on rue de France and walk onto rue Dalpazzo it should be just a few stores up on your left.S.S

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

Hi ebshippThis does seem to be a real problem here.They have a very boring range of 46+ in Kiabi.There is also a shop Ronde and Belle in Mougins. But it is expensive.I have also found a catalogue Ulla Popken, you can order one on line at www.ullapopken.fr.I have recently been observing the women in this area, and they are definatly getting bigger(probably all imports). I really think there is a need for an Ann Harvey/Evans/Elvi down here. Why should we not have nice clothesjust because we are cuddly.JanAnything for a peaceful life