DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Co-Coaching - Mentoring and Tele-Working

Posted by Makesuthink - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Scribandi - 15 years ago

MakesUthink,

I've had what can be described as a professional mentor in my previous job, and I have also come into contact with a number of mentors and mentored people. I'd be interested in your proposed group and in reading more about the Difference Model.

Scribandi

Sorry no image available
Posted by TX - 15 years ago

Hello I am interested (and have some experience in 'coaching' )and in your vision of creating a model that can be offered more widely. Also geographics play a part - where would it be centered ideally for you? Pls keep me in the loop.B

Sorry no image available
Posted by Makesuthink - 15 years ago

Just 1 more opportunity to raise the flag here, has anyone got experience of life/success coaching as a coach or through being coached. Are there any professional coaches based on the CDA ?.

Answers appreciated.

Thanks

MakesUthink

Sorry no image available

Hi there,

I am giving it another week to get the group together. Ideally say 8 people who can meet weekly and agree to co-coach on a buddy system for a period of 30 days. The objective is mutual help and assistance through positive peer pressure whilst refining the system known as the Difference Model. I am a firm believer in mentoring and coaching however the existing model is mainly available only to wealthy business people and often not acceible to those who could benefit most.

MakesUthink

Sorry no image available
Posted by 9000 - 15 years ago

If you have a small group of people, how do you plan to proceed? I'm interested in your idea. How small do you envisage the group to be?

Sorry no image available

Well its an open forum Meerkat. I have had extensive experience of meeting and dealing with successful people (As a headhunter) however I have rarely encountered individuals who are successful in all areas maybe they are financially secure but weak in other areas. There are of course professionals who make coaching their lifes work and that is one clear option but one which isnt open to all as these can be expensive sessions. What I am investigating is finding a small group of people who are ethical and willing to coach and be coached in order to refine a system which can be taught. Ideally this methodology itself could then be released to do good with those benefitting from it agreeing to teach some others and continue mentoring etc.

It may be one area which an individual wants to improve or indeed many and idea is simply to focus on the area/areas for improvement for 30 days then review , change co coaches and maintain and improve whilst collaborating on a new issue or project.

MakesUthink

Sorry no image available
Posted by meerkat-189541 - 15 years ago

Hi,

I do have some experience in coaching/mentoring, and I liked it It was great to be able to help other people, and to get new insights from them. Can you give me some more details please? Do you need to have a certain age, level of education, profession, or is it open to anybody? Whose experiment is it, what sort of coaching model?

Meerkat