DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Complaints - how do you?

Posted by PnC - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PnC - 14 years ago

legend,

Legend...... thank you ... i will give it a go and see whether i get an appropriate response.

also may just try my own mediocre french and see what happens.

thanks again.

PnC

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Legend ...

It's just my interpretation of the 6 lines or so of guff that they put at the end of their letters.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

quote:it's always 'it's not our fault and we can't fix it and we greatly appreciate your valued custom and we beseech you to accept our humble sentiments.'

errrrmmm... Mike - can you please tell us how they express "beseech" in French?  I've never had that kind of reply before ;)

Oh - and for you PnC - there loads of websites out there for such purposes.  You can find standard skelton letters (Google "lettres types") which will give you a long list - e.g. this site is a good one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

I usually write in my grammatically bad French, with spelling mistakes and accents written in by hand,  and add a line at the bottom explaining that I am not an illiterate but simply unused to writing in French and have done my best to express myself.

It seems to make little difference,  I sometimes feel you could write in Hindi and still get the same standard response as if you wrote in perfect French.  Basically, it's always 'it's not our fault and we can't fix it and we greatly appreciate your valued custom and we beseech you to accept our humble sentiments.'

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie21 - 14 years ago

I would say if your french isn't that bad then just go for it with what you have. It just might make more of an impact, anyways nutters usually get a response before the sane people out there.hey does that wall have a crack in it?