DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Computer/internet problem

Posted by ifs-194624 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi

Seems it nevers rains without pouring!  Reinrev solved last week's excel issue problem for me, now I have another.

I have two computers, both linked to adsl.  Yesterday morning both were used to access the internet, no problem.  Then both were shut down for a few hours.  Come the evening only the 'host' computer can now access internet.  The second computer is able to access the host computer but not the internet.  Tried re-booting both, turning off all other hardware (adsl box, and some kind of link box between the two but no go).

The second computer does have the two computer icon bottom right of screen saying speed 100.0 mbps which I always assumed to relate to the internet connection?

Anyone have any suggestions???

With many thanks,

Ian.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ifs-194624 - 14 years ago

Thank you, it is now mended. We got someone round who re-ticked the box on the host computer allowing the second access.  I didn't check this as for sure it was not 'unticked' between uses.  Stange things computers!

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

quote:The second computer does have the two computer icon bottom right of screen saying speed 100.0 mbps which I always assumed to relate to the internet connection?

Sounds more like your LAN speed

Sorry no image available
Posted by vikeez - 14 years ago

hi,

i know someone who could help you. he is very good with these problems. call me and i'll forward his number. 0615454224 and tell that you are from angloinfo.